INCS conference – Scuola di Lettere, Filosofia, Lingua, Via Ostiense 234, 00146 Roma.
FROM FIUMICINO AIRPORT: from Fiumicino Airport there are different options to get to Rome (city centre) or Roma Tre (university). The fastest way is by train.
– by taxi: 48 € (fixed fare, including luggage) from the airport to anywhere in “Roma centro”. If you come directly to the University, the fare should be cheaper (30/35 €), but ask before boarding the taxi. The University of Roma Tre has different branches around the city; make sure you specify Via del Valco di San Paolo (off Viale Marconi)or Via Ostience 234 when you state your destination. Taxi ranks are located outside all the terminals. Do not trust ‘private’ taxi drivers approaching you. Avoid the City of Fiumicino taxis, which have different fares and will charge you 60 € to go to Rome.
– by train: you can take the Leonardo Express to Roma Termini station (departures every 30 minutes / 14 € one way / journey takes app. 30 minutes / no intermediate stops) or the FL1 regional train to Fara Sabina/Orte (departures every 15 minutes / 8 € one way / journey takes app. 30 minutes / calling at all the main stations in the city but Termini). If you are coming directly to the Univesity, you can take the FL1 train, get off at Ostiense and take the underground Line B (direction Laurentina) from the nearby station “Piramide” getting off at “Marconi”. Both trains depart from the Airport Train Station.
– by coach: there are different bus companies operating to/from Rome/Fiumicino. The journey takes one hour, the cost of the ticket is between 4 and 8 € one way, depending on the company, and they take you to Roma Termini station. From there, you have both buses and the Underground to reach your destination.
Visit the two main companies websites for more information: http://www.terravision.eu/italiano/fiumicino_airport.html and http://www.sitbusshuttle.com/it
FROM CIAMPINO AIRPORT: there is no train service from Ciampino Airport to Rome. The fastest way is by coach.
– by taxi: 30 € (fixed fare, including luggage) from the airport to anywhere in “Roma centro” (which means within the Roman walls). If you come directly to Roma Tre the fare will be more expensive (we are outside the Roman walls). The University of Roma Tre has different addresses around the city; make sure you specify Via del Valco di San Paolo (off Viale Marconi) or Via Ostiense 234 when you state your destination. The taxi rank is located outside the airport. Do not trust ‘private’ taxi drivers approaching you.
– by coach: there are different bus companies operating to/from Rome/Ciampino. The journey takes app. 40 minutes, the cost of the ticket is between 4 and 6 € one way, depending on the company. Visit the two main companies’ websites for more information: http://www.terravision.eu/italiano/rome_ciampino.html and http://www.sitbusshuttle.com/it
FROM TERMINI TRAIN STATION: Rome has two underground lines, LINE A (orange) and LINE B (blu) and they both call at Termini station. The University is 5 minutes from MARCONI station (LINE B – Direction Laurentina if you come from Termini or the city centre).
Many buses also depart from Termini so, wherever you have to go in Rome, there will be an option with the public transportation. Newsagents, bar/tabaccherie (tobacco shops), underground stations, sell bus/underground tickets (individual tickets, BIT, cost 1.50 € and are valid for 100 minutes including one undergound journey only; there is a also a day pass for 7 €). Do not board buses or underground without a ticket.
If you want to take a taxi, make sure you cue in one of the official taxi rank and do not trust ‘private’ taxi drivers approaching you. The licenced taxi are white, have a taxi sign on the roof, the SPQR crest/fares on the doors and the meter inside. The meter should always be on (it usually starts from 2-3 €), unless you are travelling to/from an airport (fixed fares). Tips are not compulsory; if you want you can round up the fare.
FROM MARCONI UNDERGROUND STATION TO THE UNIVERSITY: once outside the station, take the flight of stairs on your left hand side, cross the parking slot downhill and you will reach Via Ostiense. Cross the road to the main entrance on your left. Once you are inside the main bulding, in order to reach the Department of Lingue Letterature e Culture Straniere, take a right, then go out through one of the glass doors on your left (there is a big fountain you have to pass by) and reach the block opposite the main building. The seminar takes place in Sala Ignazio Ambrogio, second floor.